CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I Want to be When I Grow Up


Apparently, I have found a new love in my life. I suppose it would go under the title of "Small Event Planning." A great friend told me this week that I should consider small event planning on the side. I thought I had all of this "grown up" stuff figured out. Untrue. I AM a Registered Massage Therapist and I love it. I also have a passion for kiddos and teaching. And recently, I have started to adore party planning and basket-making and diaper-cake assembling.


So, who out there would like to hire a Massage Therapist, 1st grade teaching, bridal shower planner? :) There's got to be a position out there for someone like me! Right?!

The truth is, I can actually do all of those things, isn't that perfect!? For me it is. You see, I work during the week at the spa, and every other Saturday I get to "teach" 2 year olds in the nursery at church. I am the host in the Tots & Toddlers room and it is awesome! They are hilarious, and no matter how my day goes before I get there, I always leave the room with a huge smile at the end of the night. I will post pictures of the room later...it is amazing!

On top of that, I got to plan a bridal shower this summer, a baby shower in July, and I just made a donation basket for a Susan G. Komen for the Cure silent auction at my spa. Body & Sole is hosting a silent auction on October 10th and all proceeds are going to Komen. We are asking businesses in the area to donate baskets, and well, since we have our own business, Jimmy John's donated to the cause and I made the basket. I decided on a Christmas Decorations Theme, considering that about 90% of the people at the event will be woman, and let's face it, women are suckers for anything decorating-related! ;) I filled it with 2 stockings, stocking holders (snowmen of course), tree ornaments, pinecones, etc. etc.

Overall, my life is grand. I am able to pursue all of the things I love, and I even get paid to do some of it! I am fulfilled when I do "work" for others and I guess it's my way of giving back.

To whom much is given, much is expected.

0 comments: