CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Life in a Nutshell

Original post: February 5, 2009 on Facebook

I was looking through my Facebook "stuff" and stumbled upon this tonight. Apparently, back in February, it was all the rage to write random facts about yourself. I had completely forgotten about it, until now. Just for fun, enjoy! :)

29 Random Things

1. I think the best decision that Jase and I ever made was to move to Denver. It has been an awesome experience, and I absolutely LOVE living here. What’s not to love?

2. I am a weekend warrior when it comes to exercise. Even though I want to exercise and know I should, I usually don’t do it during the week. I wait for the weekend when I snowboard, and talk myself into the fact that it burns a lot of calories, enough for the whole week!

3. I do not enjoy things that take a lot of patience. Examples: untying knotted stuff, putting crap together, long, tedious cleaning and organizing, and the list goes on.

4. I am a total momma’s girl. When I was little, my dad would try to make me do “boy stuff” like track through the woods for a deer and spend the day fishing. I wasn’t having it…I basically whined and cried until he took me home. Now, I would give up anything for a chance to do those things over again.

5. I honestly think that Taylor Swift read my diary and stole the lyrics for some of her songs right out of it, especially Fifteen.

6. When I was 9, Jenni and I would ride our bikes past Jason’s house, hoping he was playing outside with his brother so we could show off. If we were lucky, they would launch water balloons at us, and it was the best day ever!

7. I try to act tough, but when it comes right down to it, I hate confrontation and conflict.

8. In the early 90’s I would practice “making commercials” in the bathroom mirror, convinced that one day I would be a movie star. The Olsen twins were my idols! How sad! Haha

9. My family constantly reminds me of how bossy I was when I was little, and it is so embarrassing, especially the home video proof!

10. I went to a New Kids on the Block concert when I was 5, with Kylie Callander! I remember picking out a new faded jean skirt, and I was in love with Jordan Knight, obviously.

11. It makes me sad when I talk to my friends in Indiana and they are having a ‘girls night’ and I can’t be there. Like, really sad.

12. I love reading, and when I start a book it totally consumes my life until I’m done.

13. I nearly have a panic attack every time Jason’s phone rings, convinced that something horrible at the store happened and he has to go in.

14. I think it’s awesome that my mom and I are such good friends now. I never thought that could happen when I lived at home, but it really did. I talk to her at least 4 times a week.

15. My sister and I are complete opposites, and secretly I wish I was more like her, especially when it comes to clothes. She is way braver than me, and I admire that.

16. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I am so proud of my not-so-little brother, and he reminds me more of my dad every time I see him.

17. I’m also very proud of my sister in law, Jenae, and I love getting to spend time with her. I especially love watching Jon & Kate plus 8 marathons with her and going shopping!

18. Which reminds me, as long as I don’t go shopping, things stay under control. It’s when I am at the mall that things go downhill fast…

19. I would say that at least 3 or 4 nights a week when I come home from school, my husband has dinner ready. I mean seriously, how awesome is that?! And it’s good, too!

20. I hate cooking, but I love baking. Desserts are totally my thing, probably because I have such a sweet tooth.

21. Warm, tropical vacations are my favorite. Nothing a week on the beach with a good book can’t fix.

22. That cute little blondy that talks in his highchair on the E*Trade commercials is seriously my favorite kid ever! I want him to steal him, so darn cute!

23. I never understood those “weirdo dog people” that love their dogs so much, and now I’m one of them.

24. I have more than 1 best friend. And I think it’s awesome. If you’re lucky enough to have more than one person that you can totally spill your heart out to, that’s something special.

25. I could play Sorry! for hours…seriously! I love that game.

26. As sad as it is, I get excited when I have new notifications pop up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen.

27. I am almost a Registered Massage Therapist in the State of Colorado.

28. I cannot wait to be a mom and do cutesy little “mom” things like crafts, and birthday parties, and helping in their class at school.

29. I am truly blessed in this thing called life. I have an amazing family, friends, and of course the cutest hubs ever. ;)

0 comments: