Once again, it's been so long since my last post that I actually forgot my password. I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure it out, typing in every last combination until my head was dizzy. That's when I saw the light: the CAPS lock was on. Disaster averted!
May/June/July extra-fast recap:
The highlight for May was white-water rafting at the Royal Gorge in Canon City with Jamie and Jordan. We went on the full-day trip and it was amazing! We all stayed in the raft and dominated Class IV and V rapids and only suffered one injury: a black, bloody eye. Not bad for such a rowdy trip!
In June we were home for Jenae's graduation from Bethany for the first weekend of the month. It was great to see everyone and enjoy time in Indiana. We celebrated our 3 year anniversary on the 17th, hard to believe how fast time flies. The last week of June I flew home for Kara and Andre's wedding, and Jason opened Store #2 on June 23rd. The opening was much easier this time around, for many reasons. Unexpectedly, Jason flew to Indiana on June 29 because of the passing of his Grandma Riegsecker. We spent a few days in Ohio with the family and shared many memories of Grandma who was such a lovely, sweet woman of God.
July brought my family to Colorado over the 4th; we spent four days in Breckenridge shopping, hiking, horseback riding, eating, and more shopping. Jamie and Jordan spent the day with us in Breck, and the guys (Jason, Mike, Dustin, Jordan) went mountain biking, which seemed to be a highlight of their week! We came back to Denver for the end of the week and went hiking in El Dorado and drove to Colorado Springs to see Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. Fun stuff!
We've had a really fun and exciting Summer overall. However, I've had a pesky little friend visit me many times over the past few months and his name is Migraine. Normally, I would not give him the credit and allow him to be part of my post, but I feel like he demands my respect and believe me, at this point I will do whatever he wants so he will LEAVE me ALONE! I have to admit that the typically beautiful Colorado weather has been less than glamorous this summer season....let me explain.
Many afternoons in the months of June and July (around 20 in a row in June to be exact) a gray, cloudy sky rolls in about 2 or 3 p.m. and unleases its fury on the Front Range. Why would this be a problem? you might ask... This is about the time of day that my face, and by face I mean sinuses, feel like they are going to explode. The pressure mounts in my head, and if I'm lucky to catch it in time and take the proper precautions, I'm usually fine. But for the 10 or so days in the past 2 months that I have not been so lucky, Mr. Migraine comes and makes my day pretty miserable. I have never had the frequency of migraines that I am experiencing now, and I really do think the weather is to blame. The worst part is that (as all sufferers of these headaches know) they wipe out every last plan that you have for the day, fun or not. But enough complaining, many many people in this city are going through the same pain I am, and I'm learning how to deal with it better. Let's just hope Mother Nature decides to like us again soon! Otherwise I might have to buy stock in Advil Cold & Sinus.
*A life without love is like a year without Summer*
*Swedish Proverb*
0 comments:
Post a Comment