Today was another beautiful day in Denver! I am so excited for the weekend! The one and only Chicago Cubs are coming to the mile high city for a 4 game series with the Rockies!! We have tickets for Thursday and Friday..oh yah!! We tried to get Russell to come out and join us, but he is a busy man! :) Maybe next year!
The only little concern I have is the fact that we are all-out supporting the Cubbies; I'm wearing my Kerry Wood jersey and Cubs hat, and Jason's supporting Prior. I do have faith in my Cubs, but they absolutely CANNOT get toasted!!! If so, we will be harassed the entire way out of Coors Field to our car, many many blocks away! To some of our friends that love to give us a hard time about our team (Danielle A.-supporter of the evil Cardinals & Nathanael-who has no reason to hate) this may seem like I have doubt about the turnout. Believe what you want, I know the truth! :)
Onto more important subjects, I just want to mention how blessed I feel to have the close group of friends that I do. I spent some time on the phone today with a friend I haven't talked to in awhile, and I can't help but give God the glory for the way He has remained with us all. Only through Him could we continue to strengthen our friendships, even though there are many miles between us. I love talking to my friends and realizing that no matter how long we go between visits and conversations, we always catch up right where we left off. While we may feel occasionally that our future plans are unknown, God is busy protecting and providing for us exactly what we need, and in some cases, what we need is each other. For this, I am truly thankful.
Night Vision
6 years ago
2 comments:
I feel so honored that I got mentioned in your blog even if it was a slam!:) I guess I still love you even though you are a sinner!!!haha Love you!
GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment