CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Greetings from Colorado!

So I woke up this morning, and as usual, headed for the computer. Now that I've moved so far away, in addition to phone calls to Indiana, I check my email and Facebook daily to stay updated on my friends and siblings. I came across Kindra's blog, and I thought to myself, wow, I should blog too. That way (if anyone cares) I can keep my friends up-to-date on my life too!

Anyway, we have lived in Colorado for two months now, and I am thoroughly enjoying it! Of course, I miss my family and friends SO much, but I really do believe that this is going to be a wonderful experience for Jason and I. Already, we are getting closer to each other. I guess having no friends in a new town will do that for you! Before we moved, I talked to others about relocating, and always they would tell me, "oh it was so wonderful for my husband and I...we had to rely on each other so much that it strengthened our marriage." And I would agree and roll my eyes secretly, but they were right....

So to update everyone on my status...last week I started a new job as a hostess at this cute little restaurant, nine75. I'm working here for a few months until we get our Jimmy John's opened. Which leads me into that subject-our original goal was to have the store opened by the end of August. Obviously that is not happening. Jason is working very hard from home everyday to get it going, but when you constantly have to rely on other people, things don't always happen as quickly or smoothly as we wish they would. So, our new goal is to have it opened by the beginning of October. Ugh. Lots of work starting a business!! So in the meantime, I am working at nine75, and we are enjoying our time together exploring Denver and the beautiful mountains!

Speaking of the mountains...we went camping on Sunday (much to my disappointment). I was really and completely dreading the experience, and now that I look back on it, I can't help but laugh. Even though we had to hike 8 miles (and to those of you in IN, that may not seem like a lot...but 8 miles in the mountains will leave your legs shaky and your butt begging you to stop!) it was overall an OK time! Of course, Jason was determined to hike to the VERY top of Mount Evans, and my complaining did not change his mind. I eventually shut up, and once my attitude changed, we had fun. When we reached the top (about 12,000 ft) it immediately started raining. Of course. So it rained the whole night and I thought our tent was going to blow away. I was determined that a bear would find us and attack Jason, leaving me on top of a mountain to defend myself. Needless to say, that didn't happen, and we made it home safely yesterday. Jase kept telling me that I was going to feel a huge sense of accomplishment when we reached the bottom, and as much as I hate to say this, he was right! It felt good to conquer so many fears in 2 days! The whole way down I was singing Matt Redman songs to keep my mind off of moutain lions and bears, but in the end it was a good experience!!

I'll try to stay current with my blogs, and if you're reading this, I'd love to hear from you!

5 comments:

Michelle Marshall said...

It's so good to hear that things are going well in Colorado! I've been thinking of you two alot, and praying that everything is going well. I loved hearing about your camping experience, I can just hear you yelling at Jason to wait up as you grudingly climb the mountain! I'm so glad you did it! :) Have you seen Kira and Pete since being out there? Give her a hug for me.. Love you Dani!

Jason & Danielle said...

you are so right on about the picture of us hiking! haha

we had pete and kira over last weekend for dinner...it was great to see them! i'll tell her you said hi the next time i see her!

thanks for the comment, it was good to hear from you! good luck with the beginning of your LAST school year! :)

Kindra said...

I'm so proud to know that I inspired you to start blogging :) I'm SO happy that one of my friends has finally joined the blogging world, it's so much fun! I can't wait to see all the posts & stay up to date on the happenings in CO. Love you D!

Russ said...

Dani,I can see those Troyer forehead "wrinkles of worry" from here. Some of us need to manage our forehead skin more than others. Sounds like you had a great time even though at times Jason probably was a butt. I wonder where he gets that! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having great fun! Blogging is so much fun, so I hope you enjoy it!!