CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

So I haven't kept up on my blog as much as I thought I would...so here goes! Jason and I are planning on going home to Indiana for a week before Labor Day and I'm really excited about that. It's kind of our replacement for Thanksgiving, since we are pretty sure we won't make it home in November. Hopefully by then we'll have the store up and successful, and we'll be way too busy! :) Our goal is to work super hard so that we can definitely come home for Christmas.

The Cubs' games last weekend were very fun, even though they got killed in the 3rd game. We decided not to go to the 4th game because it was so hot on Sunday. At least half of the fans were dressed in Cubs' stuff, so I had nothing to worry about! We did get harassed though by random ignorant and drunk people. Jason was pretty proud of himself for getting "free" parking every night, which consisted of us walking 5 miles through the hood, but overall, it was an awesome weekend! :)

Our excitement this week revolved around planting three trees in the backyard, and watching our grass finally start filling in (sounds fun, right?!) But as new homeowners, even the littlest things are exciting! We have pressure to make it look good....Grandma and Grandpa Troyer are coming in a few weeks, and everyone in my family knows how much they like nice yards! I told Jase, "the clock is ticking....they'll be here in 4 weeks!" haha

Oh, and we found a new church last Sunday that we really liked. It's called Flatirons Community Church, about 20 minutes from our house. It seems like they have a lot of ways to get involved with other couples our age, and it would be so great to finally meet some quality friends! We are definitely going back this weekend, and we're really excited to get involved.

Other than that, nothing else is new. Keep me updated with emails! I love hearing from you guys :)


2 comments:

Kindra said...

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun & really getting settled now! I'm so happy that things are going good. I can't wait until I get to come out there & eat some Jimmy John's....for free of course :)

Danielle said...

of course! you will be a jimmy john's VIP! :)

and you're right, we are having a blast!