CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

5 Months since my last post! Dang, I'm on fire! I barely remembered my login name for this blog.

Sorry so long, things have been kinda crazy so here we go! We recently made the long drive to Indiana for Dustin's graduation and open house weekend. It was so awesome to see friends and family and spend 5 whole days away from everything. We had a blast with our friends from Indy, and it definitely made coming back to Colorado very tough. The time went too fast, and it was sad to leave everyone again.

When we got back to Denver, we found out that things at our store weren't going as well as we would have liked. To make a long story short, we ended up having to let our General Manager go, so we have spent the last two weeks working quite a bit to make sure that things are going well and our store is set up for success. We have rearranged some people who have stepped up when we needed them the most, and they are doing wonderful as our new managers, exceeding our expectations. So while things were crazy for a week or so, things are falling into place. We are having our Grand Opening next weekend (seems strange after being open for 7 months, but that's how it's done). From 11-3 next Saturday, you can get a yummy sub for only a $1!! We are having flyers sent out to our area and have posted it in the paper, and are expecting a big turnout. We'll see.

We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary this week! However, with the craziness at the store, I worked all day and Jason worked all evening, so we barely saw each other. We did get to go to dinner and a movie later in the week, so that was fun. Tonight we are actually both home for a change, and we're excited to be able to just hang out. Jason's trying to talk me into going to a scary movie, but that's not going to happen!

I am so happy that my mom and Mike, Delanie and Mackenzie are coming out for the 4th of July! I am really looking forward to it. Even though we were just home to visit, it seems like much longer ago because of the crazy couple of weeks that we've had. So that should be really fun and give us a reason to work really hard now so we can have a few days off to spend with them.

I have decided to go back to school in August, just not exactly the "school" that I thought I might being going back for. I have applied to the Denver School of Massage Therapy and I start classes August 4th. I'm excited to try something new, and am really looking forward to it. I will graduate in March, and then hopefully find a job in a fabulous day spa! That is my goal, so we'll see what happens!

0 comments: